Green coffee beans are simply regular unroasted, completely raw coffee beans. These coffee beans have a higher content of chlorogenic acid which is probably believed to have many health benefits. It serves as an antioxidant.
Let’s have a look at how to make green coffee..
- Green coffee beans: 10 grams
- Hot water: 150 ml
- If you prefer: Sugar, honey or a pinch of cinnamon
Use fresh and whole green coffee beans
- This method consumes more time. Soak it in a bowl of water, overnight.
- The next day, boil them on high flame along with the same water. Leave on low flame for at least 15 minutes after first boil.
- Keep the mixture completely cool, then filter and enjoy the flavoured water in a cup. The green coffee made with this method has a significantly stronger flavour. If you find it too strong then add warm water to dilute it a bit.Use green coffee bean powder
- Grind your whole green coffee bean to get it in powdered form. Keep in mind that unroasted beans are hard to grind, so prefer a heavy and strong grinder.
- Put the powder in a cup and pour hot water slowly.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes and then sift it to get a warm and delicious drink.
- You can add sugar or honey, if you prefer. Still without them the delicate flavours are best enjoyed.